Nevada Conservation League
The political voice of Nevada’s conservation community
Nevada is at the frontline of the climate crisis. Extreme heat, scorching wildfires, and severe drought continue to threaten our environment, our communities, and our chance of passing a healthy climate on to future generations.
Let’s end our reliance on polluting methane gas in homes.
Methane gas — also known as “natural” gas — is a potent fossil fuel just like coal and oil. Nevada cannot meet its state climate targets without cutting gas use in homes.
Take action to help support the transition to clean energy homes in Nevada — and then spread the word on social media!
We are proud to be supported by
Join the Movement!
- Nevada Conservation League Celebrates the Establishment of Avi Kwa Ame National Monument in Southern NevadaPresident Biden declares the country’s newest national monument, which honors tribes, protects wildlife, and supports economic growth WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, President Biden took executive action during the White House Conservation in Action Summit to designate Avi Kwa Ame National Monument in southern Nevada. The national monument encompasses over 500,000 acres, which holds significance forContinue reading “Nevada Conservation League Celebrates the Establishment of Avi Kwa Ame National Monument in Southern Nevada“
- Clean Energy Advocates Outraged by NV Energy’s Decision to Build Expensive New Gas PlantThis decision is a step backward on the path to a clean energy future LAS VEGAS, Nevada — Today, the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada (PUCN) approved NV Energy’s plan to build a new methane gas-powered peaker plant. This will be the first addition to NV Energy’s gas fleet in 9 years. This decision movesContinue reading “Clean Energy Advocates Outraged by NV Energy’s Decision to Build Expensive New Gas Plant“
- Nevada’s Federal Democratic Leaders Earn Outstanding Environmental Scores, Calls on State Legislature to Build on Federal Momentum LAS VEGAS, Nevada — Last week, environmental scores for Nevada’s federal leaders from the League of Conservation Voters revealed the delegation’s Democratic lawmakers delivered on action to protect our environment, protect our democracy, and build a clean energy future, earning them an A grade for their votes in 2022. Now, our federal elected officials areContinue reading “Nevada’s Federal Democratic Leaders Earn Outstanding Environmental Scores, Calls on State Legislature to Build on Federal Momentum “
Join the movement!
Monthly contributors and members of our Conservation Club help power our advocacy and help us work to ensure that all Nevadans have clean water and clean air, and can access their parks and public lands.
Contributions to our 501c4 allow us to engage in direct advocacy with lawmakers and engage in political campaign activity to help elect pro-conservation champions to public office!
See how your legislator voted to protect our climate, air, water, land, and communities.
The Conservation Scorecard provides information about critical environmental legislation considered and votes taken during the 2021 Nevada legislative session.
- 32 out of 63 legislators received a perfect score of 100%
- State Senators received an average score of 79% and the Assembly received 69%
- Democratic leadership in the Senate and Assembly received a score of 100%
- Chairs of key committees received a 94% or higher