Nevada Conservation League
The political voice of Nevada’s conservation community
Nevada is at the frontline of the climate crisis. Extreme heat, scorching wildfires, and severe drought continue to threaten our environment, our communities, and our chance of passing a healthy climate on to future generations.
Let’s end our reliance on polluting methane gas in homes.
Take action to help support the transition to clean energy homes in Nevada — and then spread the word on social media!
- LCV & Nevada Conservation League Praise News That Biden Plans to Designate Avi Kwa Ame National MonumentGroups Call for Swift Action to Preserve Entire Proposed Monument Washington, D.C. – In response to the announcement that President Biden will soon designate Avi Kwa Ame National Monument in Nevada, the League of Conservation Voters (LCV) and Nevada Conservation League (NCL) released the following statements: “The lands and waters we protect help tell and teach theContinue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
- Nearly 300 Advocates Demonstrate Support for Avi Kwa Ame Monument During BLM Meeting***PHOTOS INCLUDED*** The coalition of Tribal leaders, conservation groups, business voices, and recreationists says it’s time to Honor Avi Kwa Ame LAUGHLIN, Nevada — Today, nearly 300 Avi Kwa Ame supporters attended a community meeting hosted by the Bureau of Land Management to discuss the management of the region’s public lands, including a proposal toContinue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
- Clark County School District to Receive Nearly $10 Million in Grants for Clean School BusesSchool districts in all 50 states will receive funding to replace diesel school buses, providing students and communities with cleaner air LAS VEGAS — Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced Nevada’s Clark County School District will receive $9,875,000 to replace 25 existing diesel-powered school buses with clean, electric school buses. In addition to Nevada,Continue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
See how your legislator voted to protect our climate, air, water, land, and communities.
The Conservation Scorecard provides information about critical environmental legislation considered and votes taken during the 2021 Nevada legislative session.
- 32 out of 63 legislators received a perfect score of 100%
- State Senators received an average score of 79% and the Assembly received 69%
- Democratic leadership in the Senate and Assembly received a score of 100%
- Chairs of key committees received a 94% or higher