Nevada Conservation League
The political voice of Nevada’s conservation community
Nevada is at the frontline of the climate crisis. Extreme heat, scorching wildfires, and severe drought continue to threaten our environment, our communities, and our chance of passing a healthy climate on to future generations.
Congress is on the verge of passing critical climate provisions as laid out by President Biden.
We need comprehensive legislation that invests in climate, clean energy, and environmental justice.
- Nevada Conservation League Statement on Chris Brooks’ Departure from Nevada LegislatureLAS VEGAS, Nev. — In response to Senator Chris Brooks’ announcement of his resignation from the Nevada Senate to join private-sector energy, the Nevada Conservation League issued the following statement from Executive Director Paul Selberg: “In the State Legislature, Chris Brooks has been invaluable to the progress we have made to create and expand Nevada’sContinue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
- New Ad by Nevada Conservation League: Nevada’s Conservation Leaders are Fighting for Clean EnergyCARSON CITY Nev. — Today, Nevada Conservation League announced a new ad to highlight Nevada’s leaders who are fighting back against Big Oil’s price gouging of Nevada families and are working to accelerate a clean energy economy that creates local jobs and fights the climate crisis. While Nevadans are feeling pain at the pump, Nevada’s conservationContinue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
- The Dirty Truth Behind Methane ‘Natural’ GasThe fossil fuel industry has spent billions obscuring the role that methane gas – also known as natural gas – plays in fueling the climate crisis and polluting our air quality. Methane gas is marketed to our communities as a clean energy source for heating our homes, buildings, and water. Even the word “natural” inContinue reading “WELCOME TO THE NEVADA CONSERVATION LEAGUE”
See how your legislator voted to protect our climate, air, water, land, and communities.
The Conservation Scorecard provides information about critical environmental legislation considered and votes taken during the 2021 Nevada legislative session.
- 32 out of 63 legislators received a perfect score of 100%
- State Senators received an average score of 79% and the Assembly received 69%
- Democratic leadership in the Senate and Assembly received a score of 100%
- Chairs of key committees received a 94% or higher